Development Engineer (Cambridge)
Eddyfi UK Limited are seeking a highly motivated Development Engineer to join its multi-skilled product development team to enhance its Teletest Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) product.
To be successful in this role you should have a proven track record in developing Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMATs), ideally for ultrasonic guided wave applications.
You must be customer focused in your approach to product design and recognise the commercial applications of products. Creativity in development is encouraged with a view to maintaining continuous improvement to our products and design processes.
Involvement in every part of the Product Development Lifecycle process:
- Definition of the problem: Understand, analyse and interpret requirements and in response, produce formal specifications.
- Understand EMAT design and carry out feasibility studies to test potential solutions for viable products.
- Understand the propagation of ultrasonic guided waves and how they are currently used to provide inspection solutions.
- Project management of the development process using pre-existing procedures from concept through to launch of the final product, ensuring documentation is completed along the process.
- Work as part of a team that may be located globally to ensure delivery of the Product Development project to agreed timescales.
- Process conscious: Uses standards and best practices to create innovative and effective products that add value to the organisation.
- Product knowledge: Understanding of current guided wave products on the market and recognise opportunities where products may fulfil needs currently.
- Manage releases of products to the market via design and project reviews.
- Project monitoring: The successful candidate will have an input in project scheduling and project monitoring ensuring that workstreams operate efficiently.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 5 years working knowledge of product development, Non-Destructive Testing, EMATs and/or Guided Waves.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or Engineering.
- Strong skills in mathematics.
- Knowledge of signal processing is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Python programming language would be an advantage.
- We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated engineer with a confident and professional style with good communication skills.